Online Dictionaries, Dictionary Portals and their Users
COST ENeL WG3 meeting (organized with WG1)
Barcelona, Spain, 31 March – 1 April 2016
The fifth ENeL meeting was in Barcelona. The topic of this meeting was Online Dictionaries, Dictionary Portals and their Users. This was a joint meeting of WG1 and WG3 on March 31st 2016. The survey that you were kindly invited to complete already showed a wide interest in the topic in our community. The results of the survey were presented at the meeting.
|9:10-9:30||PARSEME/ENeL workshop on MWEs|
|9:30-10:00||Next WG3 meeting: lexicographical data meet computational linguistics and knowledge systems|
|10:00-10:15||Training School 2016, Ljubljana|
|11:00-12:00||Digital analytics, log files|
SURVEY ON ONLINE DICTIONARIES, DICTIONARY PORTALS AND THEIR USERS
The aim of this survey is to learn about user research in the different lexicographical projects that are represented in ENeL (WG1 and WG3). We would like to find out what methods are used to study user behaviour and which types of user contributions are used in the different projects.
Deadline for completing the survey was 27 November 2015.
The survey can be accessed here: https://www.1ka.si/a/75373
We kindly ask you to read the instructions below carefully before you start:
- Completing the survey will take about 15 minutes.
- All members of Working Group 1 are required to fill in the survey. Completing the survey is the first requirement to qualify for reimbursement for the next meeting. The second requirement will be to have a paper accepted for presentation at the meeting. The call for papers will be out at the end of November.
- Completing the survey will most likely require input from different people within your institution, i.e. computational linguists, corpus linguists, software engineers, lexicographers. We suggest that you collaborate and complete one survey per institution.
- We recommend that one survey is completed per project. Thus if your institute works on several projects, please complete a separate survey for each of them.
- A PDF of the entire survey can be found here (http://www.elexicography.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ENeL_SurveyOnlineDictionaryUse.pdf). This can help if you want to familiarise yourself with the questions first.
- If you have questions BEFORE, DURING or AFTER you fill in the survey, do contact WG1 Chair (Robert Lew) or WG3 Vice-Chair (Carole Tiberius).
- Deadline for completing the survey is 27 November 2015.
Call for papers (CLOSED)
Topic: Online Dictionaries, Dictionary Portals and their Users.
We are especially interested in papers that discuss:
- Methods to analyse dictionary use and dictionary portal use and their users
- Contexts of Dictionary Use / Contexts of the Use of Dictionary Portals (cf. Müller-Spitzer, Carolin (2014): Using online dictionaries, Berlin/Boston, de Gruyter.)
- User contributions to Online Dictionaries and Dictionary Portals (cf. Abel and Meyer, 2013)
- Case studies in Designing and Developing Dictionary Portals focusing on the User
The selection will be made by the organisers based on topic relevance and quality. Additionally, accepted papers will also be made available through the ENeL website as the deliverable of the meeting.
Length: 1000-1500 words (references not included),
Stylesheet: ELEX-style-guide but with length adjusted to 1000-1500 words and WITHOUT abstract. https://elex.link/elex2015/instructions-for-authors/
Format: MS Word, PDF, Latex
Deadline: 11 January 2016
Notification of acceptance: January 15 2016
Place/date of the meeting: Barcelona (March 31st 2016)
Accepted papers qualify for reimbursement.