Deadlines for Application
All applications for budget year 3 (1st December 2015 to 30th November 2016) will be served on the first-come-first-served basis (after SG validation).
For the STSMs planned for budget year 3 the first two deadlines are:
- 31st January 2016 (SG decision: 16th February 2016)
- 30th April 2016 (SG decision: 15th May 2016)
- 31st August 2016 (SG decision: 15th September 2016) – IF THE BUDGET ALLOWS
It is in the best interest of all interested researchers to apply as soon as they have made their plans.
Conditions to Apply
The objective of STSMs is to support Exchange Visits of, particularly, young scientists in an institution or laboratory in another COST country to foster collaboration and learn new techniques.
An applicant for a STSM should be involved in a programme of research in an institution of a COST country that is actively participating in the ENeL COST Action as:
- A postgraduate student;
- A postdoctoral fellow;
- An employee
A host of a STSM can be an institution in a ENeL COST participating country (http://www.cost.eu/domains_actions/isch/Actions/IS1305?parties) or a formally approved institution in a non-COST country.
The simplified procedure for application for STSMs is as follows:
- The applicant is responsible for obtaining the agreement of the host institution before submitting her/his application.
- The applicant must register on-line using the registration tool (http://www.cost.eu/STSM).
- A formal STSM application (produced by the on-line registration tool) has to be sent to the future host institution of the planned visit and to the Chair of the Management Committee or to the STSM coordinator.
- After the (positive) assessment of the application, the Chair of the Management Committee or the STSM coordinator will inform the Grant Holder.
- The Grant Holder will send a Grant Letter to the applicant informing her/him about the approval of the STMS and the level of the financial grant given.
- After completion of the STSM the grantee has to submit, within 4 weeks, a short scientific report to the host institution and to the Chair of the Management Committee or to the STSM coordinator. A short report by the host institution is also required.
- The Chair of the Management Committee or the STSM coordinator has to approve the scientific report, inform the Grant Holder and after that the grant can be paid to the grantee.
The applicants should understand this procedure and prepare their application in time.
Please note that each STSM has to start and end in one grant period.
Link to COST
For all details on STSMs, and especially on the application procedure, the applicant should consult the COST Vademecum, section 7.