ENeL TRAINING SCHOOL 2016
Tools and methods for creating innovative e-dictionaries
Location: Central Hotel, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Dates: 17-20 May 2016
- University of Ljubljana (Centre for Language Resources and Technologies)
- Trojina (Centre for Applied Linguistics)
Presentations of participants
|Presentations of projects involving innovative e-dictionaries|
|Wednesday||Corpus building||Practical corpus building session|
|Thursday||Data modelling & Extraction of data from corpora (MWEs, GDEX, neologisms etc.)||Practical data extraction session|
|Friday||Online publication & web design||Presentation of results|
- Egon Stemle (WaC, corpus building) – EURAC, Italy
- Miloš Jakubiček (corpus query system Sketch Engine, extraction) – LCL, Czech Republic
- Simon Krek & Iztok Kosem (data modelling, extraction) – University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Carole Tiberius (data modelling, extraction) – Institute for Dutch Lexicology, the Netherlands
- Michal Boleslav Měchura (dictionary writing system Lexonomy & online publication) – Dublin City University and Foras na Gaeilge, Ireland
- for logistic questions related to the Training School: TSLjubljana2016@gmail.com
- for financial questions/reimbursements: Tanneke Schoonheim, Instituut voor Nederlandse Lexicologie, Tanneke.Schoonheim@inl.nl
- for queries on the content of the Training School: Simon Krek, University of Ljubljana, Center for Language Resources and Technologies, email@example.com
We look forward to meeting you in Ljubljana!
There are many good accommodation options in the centre of Ljubljana, we list a selection of them below, most of them within a walking distance of the workshop venue. For the best deals, please check websites such as Trivago, Booking.com or Hotels.com; also, always check the homepage of the hotel for special deals.
- Hostel Celica: http://www.hostelcelica.com/
- Bed & Breakfast Atticus: http://www.atticus.si/
- Hostel DIC: http://hosteldic.com/SL/
- H20 Hostel: http://www.h2ohostel.com/
- HOSTEL 24: http://www.hostel24.si/
Basic Hotels & Apartments (approx. 50 EUR per night)
- Hotel Center: http://www.hotelcenter.si/HotelCenterWeb/default.aspx
- B&B Atticus: http://www.atticus.si/
- Café & Rooms Maček: https://sobe-macek.si/en/rezervacija
- Rooms Ambrožič Ljubljana: http://rooms-ambrozic.sloveniahotel.net/en/
- Hotel Meksiko: http://www.hotel-meksiko.si/
Bus from the airport:
- There are buses from the Ljubljana Airport to Ljubljana once per hour. The schedule can be found here (enter Letališče Brnik for the airport and Ljubljana AP for the Ljubljana main bus/train station): http://www.alpetour.si/index.php?page=vozni_redi&item=13&lang=eng.
- Markun Shuttle: http://www.markun-shuttle.com/en/
- GoOpti: https://www.goopti.com/en/
- Zup prevozi: http://www.zup-prevozi.eu/en.html
- Evroprevozi: http://www.europrevozi.com/index.html
- Taxi Metro: http://www.taximetro.si/?page_id=335
- Taxi Laguna: http://www.taxi-laguna.com/#
- Taxi Intertours: http://www.studentski-taxi.si/eng/
- Ljubljana Train Station: 600 parking spaces. Open all day (8 EUR per day).
- Parkirna hiša Kozolec (16,20 EUR per day): http://www.lpt.si/parkirisca/parkirisca_osebna_vozila/gh_kozolec
- Parking garage Trdinova (25 EUR per day): http://www.parkiraj.si/parkirne-hise/parkirna-hise-trdinova/
Who can apply?
The training school is addressed to students, PhDs, Post-Docs, Early Stage Researchers and Advanced Researchers who want to take advantage of the innovative and interdisciplinary character of the school. We expect students of various backgrounds and especially those who are participating in or starting to participate in innovative e-dictionaries projects.
(NOTE: computers will be provided, but students are encouraged to bring their laptops).
ECTs (European Credit Transfer) will be offered for a report that the participants will need to submit after the training school. The report will be graded by the training team.
To support their participation in the Training School, the applicants can be reimbursed according to the COST Action guidelines.
- The final grant amount will be confirmed in due course, and will be an average of 500 €, depending on the country of the trainees and on budgetary considerations.
- Prior to the Training School, each trainee will receive a grant letter stipulating the fixed amount of his or her grant. The grant is intended to cover the majority of trainees’ travel, accommodation, and subsistence during the Training School.
- Trainees will be required to pay for their own travel, accommodation, and subsistence prior to receiving their grant.
How to apply?
Applications should contain the following:
- A brief CV (with the indication of the date of receipt of the PhD or other higher degrees).
- A short motivation letter (not more than one page) describing your dictionary project, including a brief statement of how your contribution to your project may be enhanced by participation in the Training School.
If you are interested in participating, please send your application via e-mail to Tanneke Schoonheim (firstname.lastname@example.org) and use the subject line: “Application COST Training School 2016”.
Deadline for application
The deadline for the submission of applications is 15 February 2016. The notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent by 29 February 2016 at the latest.
Applications will be selected by a panel that consists of the following persons:
- Tanneke Schoonheim, Short Term Scientific Mission Manager
- Rute Costa, Training School Manager
- Simon Krek, Chair of Working Group 3: Innovative e-dictionaries
- Carole Tiberius, Vice-Chair of Working Group 3: Innovative e-dictionaries
The selection will be confirmed by the Management Committee.