PARSEME/ENeL Workshop on MWE Lexicons
Location: University of Skopje, Barrack 1, Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering (FCSE), Rudjer Boskovic Street, 16 (at the most western end of the street, near the Faculty of Dramatics Arts), Skopje, FYR Macedonia
Dates: 5-6 April 2016 (co-located with PARSEME’s 6th general meeting on 7-8 April in Struga)
Local Organizer: Katerina Zdravkova
Participants: about 20 experts: 10 from ENeL and 10 from PARSEME
Welcome by workshop leaders and presentation round (max. 1 min. per participant)
|9:30-10:00||Session 1: MWEs from a lexicographical perspective – a global view|
Construction of MWE lexicographical resources. Presentation of frameworks and standards used in Lexicography. Some demos of how lexicographers work
|11:00-12:00||Session 2: MWEs from a Natural Language Processing perspective – a global view|
Brief introduction to some NLP tools and applications. How can MWE lexicons improve them? How can NLP tools help in MWE lexicon construction?
|13:00-15:00||Session 3: PARSEME meets ENeL|
Plenary interactive demos of MWE resources and tools of the ENeL community
– Sketch engine, some MWE dictionaries and more
|15:30-17:30||Session 4: ENeL meets PARSEME|
Plenary interactive demos of MWE-aware NLP tools of the PARSEME community
– mwetoolkit, Leximir, Unitex, a tool using MWE lexicons as input (to confirm)
|19:00-||Visit to the mother Theresa’s house [tbc] and dinner|
|9:00-10:30||Session 5: Towards ENeL/PARSEME synergies – hands-on work I|
Working in groups with people from both communities
Drafting specifications of an ideal NLP-supported lexicographic framework
|11:00-12:30||Session 6: Towards PARSEME/ENeL synergies – hands-on work II|
Working in groups with people from both communities
Drafting specifications of an ideal MWE resource that would be useful in different NLP applications
|13:30-15:00||Final discussion and conclusions
Comparing specifications from sessions I and II and discussing the reasons of divergences
|15:00-16:00||Prepare to leave…|
|16:00-||Trip to Struga / back home|
***On Monday, 4 April, a warming up meeting will be organized in the late afternoon. Some optional trips will be soon announced for those arriving earlier.
Reimbursement: In order to apply for the reimbursement for this meeting, please accept the invitation that will be sent to you via e-COST before the meeting. After the meeting, fill in the reimbursement form that will be available online via the COST system and send electronically all relevant signed documents to the Grant Holder, as indicated in the reimbursement form. Before making any arrangements PLEASE READ general rules for the reimbursement described also in the Vademecum, pp. 19-23. External members (who have not received the e-COST invitation) can also participate freely but will not be reimbursed for their travel and stay and should contact the organisers in advance.
Recommended hotels near FCSE are given below. The precise prices will be negociated according to the number of guests. A booking form will be available on-line soon. In order to benefit from negociated rates, please, use the form, do not book on your own.
- Hotel Karpoš (http://www.hotelkarpos.com.mk/), 600 m; 4 stars, 7.6 at booking.com; capacity: 59 rooms @ 40m2 and more; free facilities: parking, sauna, fitness; regular prices for B&B: single room – 69 EUR, double room – 80 EUR
- Hotel Dolce International (http://hoteldolce.mk/), 1500 m; 4 stars, 8.0 at booking.com; capacity: 20 rooms; free facilities: parking, fitness; regular prices for B&B: single room – 45 EUR, double room – 60 EUR
- Hotel City Park (http://www.hotelcitypark.com.mk/mk.htm), 1500 m; 4 stars, 9.1 at booking.com; capacity: 11 rooms; free facilities: parking; regular prices for B&B: single room – 75 EUR, double room – 90 EUR
- Hotel Tim’s Skopje (http://tims.com.mk/), 1200 m; 3 stars, 8.5 at booking.com; capacity: 10 rooms, 4 studios; regular prices for B&B: single room – 53 EUR, double room – 63 EUR
- TCC Grand Plaza Hotel (http://tccgrandplaza.com/), 1000 m; 5 stars, 7.4 at booking.com; capacity: 56 rooms; free facilities: parking; regular prices for B&B: single room – 85 EUR, double room – 95 EUR
Additional hotels near FCSE:
Skopje Airport has direct daily flights from / to: Belgrade, Istanbul, Ljubljana, Rome, Wien, Zagreb.
For more details, check Skopje Airport’s site: skp.airports.com.mk/ Please, avoid too late arrival, unless it is inevitable.
At the Airport, buy the ticket from Vardar Ekspres (175 MKD, you can pay it with Visa, Master, Maestro card) and go to its final destination. Hotel Holiday Inn. Go towards the Parliament, and at the crossroad go to the left to street 11 Октомври (11 Oktomvri). There is a local bus station. Buses 4, 7 (be careful, there is a bus 7a, it’s not convenient), 15, 22, and 24 take you towards the Boulevard Partizanski odredi (Булевар Партизански одреди). Bus ticket bought in the bus costs 35 MKD. It must be paid in the local currency.
The railway station and the bus station are close to the bus terminus for local buses. Get the bus 22 and go towards the Boulevard Partizanski odredi (Булевар Партизански одреди). Bus ticket bought in the bus costs 35 MKD. It must be paid in the local currency.
The entrance from Belgrade and from Athens is the same (Skopje East). Be careful not to go to the ring road, which leads to Tetovo. After Hotel Continental (it is a tall white building with red frames, on the opposite side of the boulevard), go to the right on the roundabout, and drive towards the Boulevard Partizanski odredi (Булевар Партизански одреди). The speed limit in the cities is 50 km/h. Be careful not to exceed this limit.