WG2: RETRO-DIGITIZED DICTIONARIES
Working group 2 intends to set up guidelines and standards for turning paper dictionaries into digital format. Work will be carried out on:
- standards for encoding of information and the description of relevant information categories for print dictionaries
- software for the conversion of physical lay-out information to logical information
- the investigation of relevant information categories to be added to the dictionary in order to make the dictionary content more readily accessible and interoperable
- the development of a workplan for digitisation, including parameters necessary for estimating costs
- the investigation of the possible use of dictionary content for computational linguistic applications
- organising a training school on standard tools and methods for retro-digitising dictionaries in 2015.